The VSP Individual Vision Plan is widely accepted by most eye doctors offices (more than 34,000 nationwide) and provides great value for those with glasses and contacts.
To be honest, the VSP Individual Vision Plan is very straight forward…what you see is what you get (pun fully intended). The coverage is about the same for either option, so if you intend on using a bit more in vision coverage get the better plan. Here is the VSP plan brouchure or see the overview of the two plan details below.
- You an look up doctors on the VSP Doctor List, or call your local vision doctors office.
- When you sign up, your coverage goes for an entire year (you can pay Annual or Monthly, yet still a year contract). The first payment comes out upon submission, if paying monthly then the future payments on the 15th of each month.
- There is NOT a physical ID card that is mailed to you. Simply notify the doctor that you have a VSP plan and they will look you up in the active clients system.
For any questions please call the Customer Support Line at 800-877-7195.
You can go to out of network providers for a smaller discount on your plan, yet it is NOT recommended. You would pay cash for the visit, then submit it for reimbursement to VSP.
P.S. If you have any questions please give me a call at 425-802-2783. However, to be honest, I will direct you back to this blog post. It lays out all of the benefits in a straight forward manner better than I could in person or over the phone.
VSP Base Plan
VSP EasyOptions Plan
Additional Options on Either Plan
Below are my areas of expertise:
- Health Insurance (Every company in Washington State)
- Life Insurance (33 companies)
- Income Protection (8 companies)
- Tax Sheltered Accounts (Following IRS guidelines)